It’s the most wonderful time of the year again; a time when friends and families join together to celebrate the holidays. With the festivities getting closer, we wanted to take time to share some resources that will help you stay happy and healthy into the new year.
- Safety first. Safety Through the Season, 2015’s holiday contribution, takes a look the dangers that accompany the holiday season from fire danger to accidental food allergies to alcohol intolerance.
- Leave dust in the dust. Bust Your Dust Mite Allergy offers helpful tips on keeping your home free of allergens, which is especially important during a season when the windows are kept closed and the air is poorly circulated. Dust, and mold spores, can also sneak into your living areas on holiday decorations that have been stored away for the past year.
- Speaking of mold. In 7 Tips Com(piled) for Mold Allergy Season, we talked about mold and pollen that lives in the fallen leaves and damp conditions. Unfortunately, these allergens can also hitch a ride on your fresh-cut tree you set up in the living room and the logs you bring in for that cozy fire.
- You look marvelous. As you prepare to go out and celebrate, keep in mind that this may not be the best time to experiment with new beauty products or fragrances. Breaking out in an itchy rash or sneezing all night isn’t a good look for anyone.
- Come and get it. Of course we would be remiss if we didn’t provide links to tasty allergy-free recipes. For holiday treats appropriate for all different dietary needs, visit the following sites:
Everyone here at CT Sinus Center wishes you a safe and wonderful holiday season. We hope you get to spend time with friends and family and you get everything you ask for. However, if you get the gift of allergy relief this year, contact us at 860-BALLOON and make an appointment at one of our four conveniently-located offices. Our expert physicians will help you discover the joy that comes with allergy-free living through every season.
Happy holidays from our family, to yours!