That is a great question and one that is on anyone’s mind who has ever suffered from the symptoms of chronic sinus issues or sinusitis. The physical symptoms are bad enough on their own; they include:
- Drainage of a thick, yellow or greenish discharge from the nose or down the back of the throat
- Nasal obstruction or congestion, causing difficulty breathing through your nose
- Pain, tenderness and swelling around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
- Reduced sense of smell and taste
- Repeat sinus infections that don’t seem to respond to medication
- Regular dizziness and disorientation as a result of sinus pressure
And then there are the skyrocketing costs of medications, copays and insurance deductibles. We haven’t even begun to discuss the other non-monetary, non-medical side effects of sinus suffering in this blog. However, if you do experience chronic sinusitis, you don’t need us to tell you how bad it can be.
What is a chronic sinusitis sufferer to do?
There are many ways you can treat your symptoms without medical intervention:
- Using a humidifier to add moisture to the air
- Using a saline nose spray to keep your nasal passages moisturized
- Changing air filters regularly in humidifiers and air purifiers
- Keeping your home free of dust and mold
- Staying hydrated
Of course, there are many ways to treat your symptoms using prescription or over-the-counter medications too:
The thing is that all of these treatments only temporarily help your symptoms and don’t actually get to the root of the sinus problems. Only when you address the real issue will you find permanent relief.
How do I find permanent relief from chronic sinus issues?
During the procedure, one of our expert physicians will slide an inflatable tube into your nasal passages. As this happens, you may feel a little pressure, but no pain. When the balloon is inflated, it provides your doctor with the opportunity to drain your nasal passages using a sterile saline solution. This balloon helps open the sinus passages, decreasing the risk of your condition returning ever again. The benefits include:
- Long-term relief
- Minimal, side effects, downtime and recovery time
- Increased airflow in nasal passages
- Greater draining and natural healing
In fact, according to the American Sinus Institute, “Those who have had Balloon Sinuplasty performed have reported no relapses in their symptoms two years after the procedure.”
To learn more about the procedure, visit our blog “Bursting Beliefs About Balloon Sinus Dilation.”
Isn’t it time you stopped asking how to cure chronic sinusitis and actually did it? Call 860-BALLOON today to schedule an appointment at one of our four conveniently located offices in Kent, Litchfield, Shelton and Waterbury.